Me at 199

Me at 199
A journey toward fitness and good health

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The cup is here, the cup is here!

My "Onesville" cup has arrived from Zazzle.com. This may not seem like a big deal to you, but it is to me. I have been doing very well on this diet, so far. In fact I am ahead of the weight loss schedule because the self tracking of all that I eat and thinking about being proactive about the weight loss.

Designing this cup was very easy and putting it together took a grand total of about 30 minutes from the time I came up with the idea (as I was drinking my latte, writing one of the first blog submissions) until I hit the order button.

Visual motivation and completion of a plan are very important for me in doing this, or any goal for that matter. By having this cup stare me in the face (as well as having this graphic on my computer as my desktop image), almost every day as I drink my morning cup of Latte helps keep me motivated. The questions I pose are these:

  1. Is $20.00 too much to pay for a single coffee mug? Answer: Yes, $20.00 is wayyy too much!
  2. Is $20.00 too much for a tool to motivate you daily to lose weight that will save your life and make your life much, much more enjoyable for the next 20-70 years? Answer: That my friend is an incredible bargain
So choose your question carefully to see what the true value of something is to you.

If you want a little bit of inspiration, consider making something like this for yourself. It can be as simple or complicated as you like. You could spend nothing on it and make it with crayons and paper or you could have the local city bus have it plastered on the side in a screen printed advertising sign. Maybe ask for the bus that goes past your house every morning as you walk out your front door.

Possibly, take a picture of the scale, like I have in other posts, and print it out, and stick it to the wall near your scale, so that when you get on the scale and maybe, perhaps, just possibly, you have let that extra pound slip back on, you have a visual reminder that you have lost that pound before and you can do it again. Call it self accountability if you will.






This may work for you, it works for me.

Very Best,

"Onesville"

No comments: