Me at 199

Me at 199
A journey toward fitness and good health

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter is the start, 270 and counting down to 199 lbs.

Hello,

I have been very inspired by the gentleman who lost over 100 pounds between his birthdays, Which happen to be on Easter Day, April 12th. He achieved the weight loss and recording it on his blog called "slim cache" Check it out.

He really went all out to do the right thing by getting down to a proper weight, in the past year he reached his goal weights on time and did a photo journal of himself. I suggest you check out his website.

As everybody else in the world has seemed to be on the yo-yo diet, so have I, back and forth, but the forth, as in moving steadily heavier over the years and has seemed to prevail by a couple of pounds every time.

Time to turn the tides.

I am also going to do an Easter 2009 to Easter 2010 weight loss, On Easter Day I weighed 270.0 lbs. and I hope, No scratch that, I will be at 199 pounds by next Easter morning, while my children, wife and I look for Easter Eggs, on Easter Morning 2010.

How am I going to do it? The best weight loss for me was 15 years ago. I did an extreme diet trying to drop 30 pounds in about 2 months. I'll tell you more about that on the next post.

Last year I dropped about 20 pounds down to 250 and felt great, lots more energy and lots of enthusiasm. But I put it all back on this last year and was about to keep going... time to stop. I have a ton of great clothing that would fit at 250, so I can lose that weight and have the nice clothing until that will become too big, then I can buy some nice clothing and get rid of all this old worn, way too big (but getting smaller on me) clothing.

So here is a start. I am a not too much of an exhibitionist so I think I will keep this to text and void of any real personal information. At least for now.

Male, early 40s, mildly athletic, or at least used to be, have great endurance but doesn't like running but likes walking and love to swim.

Swimming has been very easy for me as I was training for 4.0 mile outdoor swim. I trained all winter and the week before I did a 5.0 mile swim in 3.5 hours nonstop (and I mean to say, I stopped one time to adjust my goggles, that's it) I was in great shape but for some reason I couldn't drop weight. Swimming has challenges to be used for weight loss, but I'll touch on that in a later post.

On April 12, 2009 I weighed 270.0 Weight loss goal 199.0 (to get me to "Onesville")
Goal weight date is 199.0 on April, 12, 2010.

Some other benign stats. My waist 40 pants are getting very tight. I wear an XL shirt and they are tight. My fitted Shirts are getting tight around the belly, and that has never been a problem for me before.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Very Best,

"Onesville"

No comments: