Me at 199

Me at 199
A journey toward fitness and good health

Sunday, May 17, 2009

I am suspicious of my Scale 258-261, 259 it is.

Wacky scale says 258 but I am clocking in at 259 this week.

My postings have become a little less frequent as of late. I need to turn that around for no one other than my own personal gain (in the form of weight loss of course). For the few of you that may be using this blog to inspire yourself as I was inspired by another weight loss success story's blog, thanks for being patient with me.

I am starting to wonder about my scale, like any scale, it is not 100.000% correct. Obviously, I have lost about 10 pounds from the start of this weight loss project. Not bad, that averages out to a little under 2.5 pounds a week. Considering my goal is 1.4 pounds a week, I am ahead of the schedule, but that by no means I can start slacking. This is where the rubber hits the road, metaphorically speaking. My home scale is something I am learning how to game. Certainly if I lean a little to the left and put more weight on my heal, I can make it read lower. But that is not my goal. The accuracy, helps me understand the reality of my true weight loss that week.

For sure I can not game this scale for 10 pounds, I have lost that weight. The pants that I couldn't wear a month ago, now fit again. That, my friend, you can lean one way or the other on a scale all day long and it won't affect how those pants fit!

The day before I weighed myself and it read 258, then it read 261 then a bunch in between. I did weigh 258 yesterday and I didn't eat or drink anything in the meantime, so how the heck did I gain 3 pounds? I try to use the exact same regiment when I do my official Sunday morning weigh ins. I get up, don't eat or drink anything, and get on the scale. I put my right foot big toe in exactly the same spot, try not to lean and stand perfectly still for about 5-10 seconds before I look down. I do weight myself several times and try to get the average. This says 258 but I am really thinking it is 259. How do I know? I just know.

We'll see next week

"Onesville"

No comments: