Me at 199

Me at 199
A journey toward fitness and good health

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Big Bones and 199 lbs is 23.8 BMI

Ideal Body Weight for a large framed person. I AM, I have always been and always will be. So when I talk to people and tell them how much I weigh, they are generally surprised by alot. If I ask someone to guess my weight, they are generally off by as much a 40 pounds. I do tell them, " Want your honest opinion and tell them I will not be offended if you say something too heavy so as to negate the niceness factor that most people embody.

Here is a great blog post for figureing out your correct BMI if you have a large frame.
http://www.livestrong.com/article/243072-ideal-body-weight-for-large-framed-people/

It is one of the first that seems logical to me. About twenty years ago I got down to 188 and I felt great, I looked great, and I was at the top range for what was acceptable for a weight to height range for a job I was trying to get. Didn't get the job but I was on a starvation diet for 60 days and worked out like crazy all day other than college courses. It was brutal. I lost 35 pounds and not in a healthy way either. But I did it. You can too, but if you are like me you want to keep it off.

I reversed calculated my BMI at 199 pounds and it came up 23.8 at 199. That's doable and that seems healthy to me. So for a little while I thought it would be cool to tell people that I lost 100 pounds, but what the hell for?????? I want the health not the merit badge for weight loss. Once I lose it I want to keep it off and forget that part of that chapter of my life. Not wear it as a badge of honor. So the goal still remains 199 lbs. I am well on my way, I hope you follow along and join me.

No comments: