Me at 199

Me at 199
A journey toward fitness and good health

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

277 in the morning!

I don't have a picture, but I have to tell you I got my Mo Jo back and I am going to keep it. I have lots of fire in the belly so to speak. I have been walking alot. I know this works for me for some reason since everytime I have successfully lost weight, walking was part of the plan. Proud of myself since yesterday I knew I could only get in about a 15 minute swim, but I did and then it motivated me to do other things like not eat so much. Don't let yourself weasel out of things because you don't have much time.

only 15 minutes to walk, or only a few minutes to get to that meeting? Well, do it and then if you can park as far away from the front door to the meeting, restaurant, store, your house, etc. as you can. That extra 500 steps maybe not much but then I am guessing you didn't gain that extra 50 pounds at one sitting at the table, just a little too many calories that day, then a few hundred extra calories the next day, then just right, then 200 calories the next... you get the idea.

So start making those little deficits in any and all ways that you can, so that you start to not even notice it, except the weight coming off.

Without going into great detail, I have heard that the great industrialists of the early 20th century commissioned a study on how to get the most labor out of one man in a days work. They had people shoveling coal all day from one pile to the next, then when finished they would shovel the tons and tons and tons right back to where they started. There were two groups, ones with big shovels and constant work and were not allowed to take breakes in the work other than to eat lunch, and then another guy with a smaller shovel (read, impossible to take great big shovels full of coal) and was instructed to take breaks very often to rest. Who won?

There are several points to the results
  • The guy with the smaller shovel won the competition
  • The guy with the smaller shovel was not as tired as the other guy at the end of the day
  • The guy with the smaller shovel did three times the work as the guy with the big shovel!

So you ask, why am I discussing this? Well, take this approach to weight loss, small, barely perceptable changes that you allow to become habitual for you, so that it is not a sacrifice in your concious mind, and you are always moving toward your goal, while doing other things. If you try too hard that is all that you are about, and we all know you are much more than a normal sized person with extra weight to lose. You have a life, bills, jobs, loved ones, a home to attend to, not the only goal of losing weight.


Very Best to you

Onesville.

No comments: