Me at 199

Me at 199
A journey toward fitness and good health

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Starting fast

Lets see how this works. Well I was able to post from my ipod.

Just watched a show last night about fasting. I have been thinking about this for a while. There was a guy on PBS who did a four day fast (three days and four nights) and he cut down some important numbers in his body. But there was the other fasts like every other day you would restricted intake to 500-600 calories, maybe eat one light meal and then the next day you ate what you would like to. Or the 5/2 fast which was 5 days regular and 2 days 500-600 calories.

I believe it is has something to do with our metabolism but also giving the body a chance to do something other than digesting and storing fat.

The very best weight loss I did was when I wrote everything down that I ate and approximated the calories. Well you know what, I am certain I was 100% incorrect in my approximations, but it doesn't really matter, what mattered is that I tried to cut down my eating volume, so weather I measure in pounds, calories, ounces, stones, micrograms, or whatever, I still was able to cut down on my amounts and was culpable to myself. It worked. I also was walking, for some reason. I can swim all year long. In fact I swam over 110 miles last year! I will say I was much stronger and my endurance is awesome, but fat loss, not so much. Am I glad I did it, yes I am.

But I think I am going to concentrate on doing a fast, for however long I am going to do it and then see what happens.

My body certainly can handle it. I have plenty of reserves.

279.... hmmmmm... well  had I not been conscious of my weight all this time I bet I would be over 300 lbs by now. So have I done well? I have done better than I could have, but I  have lots of room to get better.


No comments: